1. The best time to buy your wedding dress is nine to 12 months before your wedding date.
2. 95% of wedding dresses will need to be altered by a seamstress.
3. Research the designers you are interested in and then make appointments at boutiques which stock your style.
4. Trying wedding gowns is not glamorous! Be prepared to leave your dignity at the door.
5. Be open minded. Even if you have your heart set on a fishtail, try a ballgown, you might love it!
6. Be wary of pictures taken of you wearing a sample dress which doesn't fit. Don't discount it based on the phone image. It would never look like that on the day!
7. Think how a dress will work for you on the day. If you are having a ceilidh, a dress with a massive train would probably not be ideal.
8. Think comfort. You are going to be on your feet for a long time. Will those 5" heels still be comfortable at 10pm?
9. Underwear. Lacy might be nice but check you cannot see it through your dress. Nude spanx often work the best.
10. Enjoy your dress shopping experience. It should be fun. If it's not then try somewhere else.
Finding brides gorgeous gowns by embracing the past with a view to the future.